Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gift Giving

Today is June 25, 2009. That means it is exactly 6 months until Christmas! As I was thinking of Christmas I was inspired to give a gift and I wanted to share with you the opportunity to do the same.

Gospel for Asia. This organization is incredible. If you have not read Revolution in World Missions by K.P. Yohannan than purchase that book for yourself, read it (it took me one day) and then give it away (They include an insert in the middle of the book that you can tear out. If you give the book away they will send you a new one to replace the one you gave out. Isn't that genius?). They mobilize the natives in Asia (emphasis on India) to go out. They believe that the natives can reach the lost in ways that foreign missionaries cannot and I believe that is true. I fully support our missionaries that are over there serving. I know it is a rough and sacrificial road and I have every confidence that God is working through their service as well.

The reasoning behing this organization is that natives are a lot more used to the lifestyle and culture and Americans are not. The natives are accepted and Americans aren't as readily accepted. It just makes sense.

The website is SO clear. There are updates of current events, missionary sponsorships, child sponsorships, Bible scholarships, photos, news, and ways to donate ,plus a store to purchase their materials.

When you go on the site and click around in the donation categories you WILL be inspired to give. You can donate a Jesus Well which will allow a church to grow because they can offer clean water to locals. You can donate animals. You can donate audio systems so that the gospel can go out to crowds. You can donate to Dalits, Muslims, medicine etc. There is something for EVERY budget because they have $1 items and items for several thousand dollars. Seriously $4 dollars will allow them to purchase 8 New Testaments to hand out.

You must check it out.

I personally love to give bicycles, but maybe that's because I read about them in the book. If you were in the dark, wouldn't you like to have a lantern? I would. Donate one. If you were a missionary, wouldn't you like to have a Bible to read? Donate one.

P.S. 100% of all their donations go to the mission field. To be on staff at GFA you have to raise your own support to work there so that every dollar can go overseas. None of your giving will be sidetracked.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks Erin! I don't think I've ever seen your blog before. *favorite*
    :)
    God bless you, friend.
    ~K

    ReplyDelete