Thursday, June 25, 2009

Meaty

At 'Date Night' last night at my Grandparent's house after dinner, we were watching TV. Channel 7. Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Shows aimed at the not so young generation, but DEFINITELY during family television watching time.

This Carl's Jr. commercial played over and over and over and over. It was so inappropriate! I refuse to post it on my blog - it was that bad. Here is the script:

Woman: To look this hot in a bikini *pause* I gotta eat a lot of fruit. Especially when it's on a big *pause* juicy *pause* burger.
Narrator: The teriyaki burger with grilled pineapple back at Carl’s Jr.

And on the bottom of the ad - this is what steps it up a level in offense - is boldly typed: "More than just a piece of meat."

My Distress Involves:
1.) Flopping and rolling around in a teeny gold bikini
2.) Selling sex
3.) Telling girls they have to be thin
4.) Lying by telling them they can look like that if they eat a lot of fruit
5.) Inferring that women are a piece of meat
6.) Aired on a family channel
7.) Aired a LOT
8.) Obviously not marketing to women in any way
9.) Seriously, they are saying that that burger is better than a woman and
10.) She is there insinuating that the burger has more worth to men than she does

I have never been a girl to walk around calling men 'sexist' and I've never been one to be easily offended, but who needs to see that, to eat that? My grandpa was watching that and had to turn his face away almost every time the shows went to commercials.

Yeah, TV's have a mute button, but they should also have a black screen button too.

Stupid Carl's Jr.

2 comments:

  1. Carl's Jr does this kind of thing with a lot of their ads. I don't like to support them because of it!!!! They are always pushing the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat there any more either!

    ReplyDelete