Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hope Now

I adore this song. It’s been said of me that I can be in the middle of a conversation and if a song comes on that I like it doesn’t matter what I’m involved in – my brain is instantly distracted and required to sing along. That would happen with this song. I would not be able to focus.
The words are so affirming. They put God in His exalted place and it reflects our place in Christ. Life is hard and this song is an absolute encouragement to hope in God’s love. Life relies on it.
I love the vocals, I love the sound, I love the instruments and I love the harmonies. This is one of my all time favorite songs.
It has also been said of me that I can listen to a song on repeat for days. This one is on repeat since yesterday morning. I can’t get enough of it. When I love a song I feel like I’m the singer and that I wrote each lyric, I feel it in my heart and my brain and my lungs and my bones and my breath. I attach emotion to it. When it says something like “When this world has broken me down Your love sets me free.” I think through different times in my life when that has been true. When things have been difficult but I’ve been able to still move forward because of Christ’s work in me. When it says something like “When I call out Your name something inside awakes in my soul.” I feel that. I feel my soul awake as I say the name of Jesus. It’s just how it is and I’m glad this happens.



HOPE NOW
If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours

(PRE-CHORUS)
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

(CHORUS)
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm

(CHORUS)
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

I am not my own
I've been carried by you all my life

(CHORUS 2)
You've become my hearts desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free

P.S. I didn't post their actual music video because I think it's lame. So I hit up this one. It was the best I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment