Thursday, June 18, 2009

Let This Encourage You!

Luke 15:7 - Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Let this be encouraging to you - Last night in Jackson Hole, Wyoming someone got saved!!!

Praise God for the team that has gone out there. Praise God for allowing them to work and evangelize and for letting them reap a soul from their labors! We are SO excited!!

While they have laid the groundwork there for a year and they are the ones laboring and facing the battlegrounds and I give them all the credit and God all the glory, there is an ever-so-small part of me that feels like I helped in this. Here is the breakdown. (Disclaimer *I'm truly not sharing this out of arrogance but am sharing this to encourage you to act and to follow in obedience when the Holy Spirit is leading you to do things.*)

Yesterday morning, God really laid it on my heart to pray for the team to have evangelism opportunities. So I was praying and I really felt like I was supposed to tell Eric to be on the lookout. So, I emailed Eric and let him know that I was praying for evangelism opportunities and to be looking for it. Last night Eric texted Adam that someone had gotten saved. I was blown away. To feel the Lord prompting me to specifically pray and prompting me to send that email to Eric.

I commented to Eric today that this was like a triple praise.
1) That person got saved! They will experience no hell!
2) The Jackson team has GOT to be encouraged by this.
3) It encouraged me because I got to be involved though I'm not there.

The team also posted their June newsletter and prayer requests. Check it out and keep them in your prayers. Love and encourage them as you can!

And praise the Lord! Thank Him so much for what He is doing. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment