Friday, June 5, 2009

Things

• Beach tomorrow and it’s only supposed to be 62 degrees. But it will be with Mike and Lisa and possibly David and Anna so it will be a great time even if we are huddled under sweatshirts.
• Adam is joining Sunday night band as the bass player. I’m so excited.
• I shaved my arms – they look so smooooth. And sadly, a lot less sun damaged than my hands – poor me. You didn’t want to know that? You should be more concerned about my sun damage.
• I got a new lotion – it smells so good. Adam picked it out for me.
• Adam and Mike and Jeff got an apartment and they get the keys today. Everyone is excited. Ministry here we come. Cooking meals instead of grabbing fast food here we come. A place to hang out at that is not inconvenient here we come. Increased fellowship with our friends here we come. A place to have Bible study here we come.
• Thinking through marriage vs. tradition vs. God's calling on our lives a LOT lately.
• My head was right by my alarm this morning. When the alarm went off... it seemed way loud.


• How many have seen Up? ++Spoiler Alert.++
I knew nothing about this movie except that the billboard showed an old man and his house being lifted up by a bajillion balloons.
- The main character was actually that old man.
- The opening developed the main character(s) for like 5 or 6 minutes - or so it seemed - and that was enough time to fall in love with them and rejoice and grieve with them. The emotional pull was crazy and there was hardly any talking.
- I thought the movie did such a great job of reflecting the hardships that the elderly face.
- I feel like we are supposed to say it was such a good movie, but it’s heavy! You end up feeling heartbreak for Carl and for Russell, but for some reason it is a positive movie. I believe the positive is reflected in the sense that they overcome hard things in life.
- Dogs everywhere! Only funny in select places.
- Kevin cracked me up.
- Ultimately I think it was genius to use this movie to reach a younger generation to increase their awareness and in that sense hopefully knowledge and respect and to encourage a helpful attitude toward them.

No comments:

Post a Comment