Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Question

Did I post my angel story before? I might remember posting it, but... ? Eh?


I'm wearing a green dress. No one can pinch me.


Yesterday, after work, I met my friend Susan at Ross. She has taken a teaching position for the next couple months for a teacher going out on maternity leave. In light of this new job, she really wanted a cool bag to carry her books, etc. in. There is a great bag at Target. (Let me see if I can find a pic..)

Cute, huh?

Anyway. Susan wanted to do a little comparison shopping before purchasing, so we wound up at Ross last night. In the olden days Ross was my favorite store. Cheap clothes, it was great fun to find the bargains. In recent days, Ross is losing it's appeal. Yesterday, they got 2 strikes, which are to be added to the strike from last week. (Disclaimer * I do NOT shop there every week, but was looking for something specific last week, and shopped there yesterday for Susan.) Two strikes plus one strike equals three strikes.

1.)Dressing Rooms. The aisle leading to the dressing room is always clogged with carts and 'go backs.' They only allow you to take in 8 items at a time, which isn't suitable for a store like Ross. On top of that they have to take the items out of your hands and count them (which always messes up the hangers and how you've got them aligned *not that I'm particular*) before letting you go in. The hooks in the dressing rooms are all bent. There are children (including young boys running up and down the dressing room aisle) and they have curtains not doors that lock which leaves you feeling vulnerable and in a constant state of worry that someone will be able to catch a peek, or the breeze from the boys running up the aisle will blow your curtain open. Last night there was a line of people waiting to get in the dressing rooms and a line of people waiting to get OUT of the dressing rooms. The lady was so busy counting people's garments and handing them their number card she wasn't dealing with the line of people who were trying to hand off their garments and get outta there!

2.) The plan was to hang with Susan, look for a bag etc. then head to Master's to work out with Adam. That being the case, and me being thirsty I figured I would grab a Diet Coke. Since I beat Susan to Ross and knew that I would just go straight from Ross to working out I decided I would grab the Coke beforehand so I could drink it whilst helping Susan pick out a bag. No biggie - I've done it many times. I walked into Ross with my Diet Coke, I even looked on the window - just in case there was a sign posted about no outside food or drink. There was none. Free and clear. I headed inside, casually sipping my refreshment. I browsed the dresses. I browsed the shoes. I browsed the shirts. I grabbed a shirt. I thought it would be easier if I grabbed a shopping cart. So I headed back to the front and grabbed the cart and unloaded the Diet Coke and my purse in the kiddie seat and the tank top in the back and started to head toward the back of the store. Next thing I know a lady from the front is coming up to me and saying "You aren't allowed to have that in here." I stopped, millions of thoughts went through my brain - trust me - millions. I felt I had a right to have my diet coke for the above listed reasons. I am, however, working on selflessness. Which in my case is denying myself my 'rights.' I paused, looked at the lady, and was gonna say something like, "I didn't see a sign?" but instead this came out: "Oh? Ok, can I just leave it somewhere up here while I shop so I don't have to throw it away?" - -Bless the Lord for His graciousness towards me by allowing that to be my response and attitude. Answered prayer! - - So the lady walked with me up to the register and patted the counter where I could leave my Diet Coke.

3.) There were some super cute stackable mixing bowls. Three of them. A great blue color. The largest had a handle and a pour spout. I pulled the smallest one out, flipped it over, no price. Pulled the middle one out, flipped it over, no price. By this time I was excited... I had stumbled upon a bargain! I lifted the large one off the rack, flipped it over $7.99. I was like all 3 for $7.99? Sweet! I'm getting them! What a deal. When I got up to the register, I paid for: the bag IIiiiiIiIi ended up getting that I tried so hard to talk Susan into, the original tank top that led to the cart that led to the Diet Coke fiasco and the 3 stackable mixing bowls. The lady rang up my items, but pulled the other 2 bowls out of the large one. I said, "Aren't those included?" "No," she said. "They were all together with one price." As she pulls out her book and talks to the lady one register over she says, "The small bowl is $3.49 and this one is $7.99" The middle bowl = the same price as the large bowl with the handle and spout? I asked her to please take it off my bill. I would not be purchasing those. That means for the 3 stackable mixing bowls in the great blue color I would have paid nearly 20 dollars! No deal. Strike 3 for not giving them to me for $7.99.

4 comments:

  1. I am sad to hear that you don't like Ross any more. I kind of want to go there and look at stuff sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll still go there.. it just might not be in the top favorites any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if you posted your angel story-I think you thought about doing it, but not sure if you actually did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh- Ross is such "hit-or-miss" woth me. I found a great and inexpenisive work dress there, but the next week I went and couldn't fins anything!

    Oh well...Ross if such a staple I don't know if i could ever completelt give it up!

    ReplyDelete