Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Parenting Break Down..

Yesterday, I was walking down the street to give a violin lesson. As I was walking I noticed a man standing on a far corner and there were 3 little kids out and about riding their bikes.


One young boy approached me on his bike and said, "Who are you?" As I kept walking he rode his bike beside me and I said, "I'm Erin." Then a little girl approached on her bike. "WHO are you?" she said. And the boy said, "Yeah, who the heck are you?"


My first thought was along the lines of thinking it was pretty rude for a 6 year old to say 'heck.' I told them both I was Erin. The little girl was like, "No waaay. That is sooo not Erin." (There is another Erin on our street, I figured they were thinking I was saying I was her.) I said, "I'm not the Erin you know, I'm a different Erin and I live in a different house."

"Who are you?" the boy said for the hundredth time. At this point I was little annoyed.


I had reached my destination driveway so I turned to walk up the driveway and the little boy rode his bike up the driveway, challenged me with his gaze and said, "Who the HECK are you, anyway?" At that point I paused, looked him the eyes, and said, "You are not (*shaking my head*) allowed to talk to me that way." I walked past him and knocked on the door.

1 comment: