Thursday, July 23, 2009

Zilker Botanical Gardens

This afternoon we checked out Zilker Botanical Gardens. It's in Austin so we had a little bit of a drive. It was trafficy since we got going later this afternoon but we got there just fine and it was actually better that we went later on because the temps weren't as sky high as they are earlier in the day. Even still it was over 100 degrees when we got there at 5pm-ish.

This plant was hanging from a giant oak tree. Isn't it cool? I really like it.

I get to call Adam's Dad "Dad" now, so I will say Dad took this pic of the 4 of us when we arrived. Don't we look happy?

Ring pic. Y'all will probably be seeing lots of these. We are proud of this ring.

There was a koi pond in the Oriental Garden. The koi were ginormous.

See? Adam is showing you.

Lily pads. I like lilypads. There were dragon flies. and I looked down in the pond and saw a head and asked Adam to come and look at the frog. But then it disappeared under the lilies and swam away and it was a turtle. I apologized for not knowing animal heads better.

Pretty flowers. They look so cool instead of 103 degrees. It's all a mind game.


Adam needed to jump.


The walk of friends.

Ok this was fun. There were butterfly seats in the butterfly gardens. Marco matched the blue and black butterfly so he got to take pics in that seat.



I was the monarch. Because I like color and polka dots and because this one looked the most girly. Anyway my seat was magical and actually turned me in to a real butterfly for a while. Check out the progression...



Adam had to subdue his butterfly. But he conquered. I was so proud.



One to close with... =)

1 comment: