Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Flights Home

I haven't posted about being home yet because there is still one more vacation post I'd like to do, but Adam has the pics on his computer and I haven't had a chance to steal them for a post. Hopefully tonight he will bring his laptop over and I can steal the pics I want for our last full day in Texas.

Our flights home ran on time. It was great. When we left Texas last year to come home we sat on the plane for 2 hours. And when we headed to Texas this time our plane was delayed an hour and a half. So it was nice to just be on time. The flights were pretty good. Seems there is generally turbulance departing from Austin. I had the pleasure of sitting by someone with stinky armpits. I however was not friends with my armpits the entire week so I felt free to raise my sweaty armpits to adjust my light and air conditioner (and Adam's) as much as I wanted. =)

We had a flight from Dallas to Albuquerque to LAX. When we were en route from Albequerque to LAX the flight attendant came over to us and said, "So, Hey. What is your guys deal? You've been on this flight for a while. Are you dating? Or are you just friends? Or..." Adam raised my hand and said we had just gotten engaged. The guy said, "Wow. You guys really make an awesome couple. You just go together. How about a drink on the house from me?" Adam said, "No thanks, man, we don't drink." And the flight guy said, "Hey. You're better people than I am." Adam was able to say, "It's all because of Jesus." It was such a random and interesting little conversation. I should have asked for another Dr. Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment