Saturday, January 20, 2007

This..

This is where I am going to dinner tonight: The Star Cafe in Montrose.




Sarah and Andy are in town and this is Sarah's favorite restaurant.
What should I get to eat?

Lasagna Style Calzone
Italian Sausage, Sauteed Mushrooms, Ricotta, Bolognese Sauce, Mozzarella and Fontina Cheeses stuffed in our House Made Pizza Dough.

OR..
Apricot Chicken
Chicken Breast marinated in Italian Herbs and Seasoning, Oven Baked to Perfection and topped with a Fresh Apricot Salsa. Served with Garlic Linguini and Sauteed Garden Vegetables.

OR..
Applewood Smoked Alaskan King Salmon
Alaskan King Salmon wrapped in Applewood Pastry, Baked in our Oakwood Burning Pizza Oven and topped with fresh Rosemary and Lemon Hollandaise Sauce. Served with Confetti Rice and Sauteed Garden Vegetables.

OR..
Chicken and Portobello Mushroom Sandwich
Shredded Oven Roasted Chicken and Mesquite Grilled Portobello Mushroom on our House Focaccia Bread with Fresh Spinach, Tri-Colored Peppers, Mozzarella, Fontina Cheeses and a Southwestern Chipolte-Mayo.
I'm leaning toward the sandwich choice...

5 comments:

  1. You told me you love salmon and that is something you never get here-might be a good choice. Actually they all sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the apricot chicken sounded good. Although perhaps I would try the salmon. Probably that didn't jump out at me because last night when I was out to dinner with Uncle Dennis, his brother Bill and his wife, their mother, another older lady, and then cousin Carol, discussion included salmon B & P had smelled cooking at a restaurant they visited in the Lancaster (PA) area. They said it smelled gross, not what they expected. So, I might have not be too open-minded. (Isn't Montrose in Pennsylvania? Ask your mom.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got the Apricot Chicken. You even almost finished the whole thing. I just got home and I am thinking about how thankful I am that I get to see you so much now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I was only in Montrose once when we lived in CA. It's a pretty cool place from what I remember. Did you go any window shopping down there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. is it too late for me to vote? shoot. it is. I would have gotten the salmon. and then the italian style calzone. by the way...this is shannon, I dont have one of these blog things so it wont display my name.

    ReplyDelete