Thursday, January 25, 2007

lunch


David and Jon both work at Children's Hunger Fund. David has worked there as long as I have known him. Now Jon works there. This is an amazing place. They distribute food around the world to children who are in poverty. The most beautiful thing about Children's Hunger Fund is that wherever the food goes, the Gospel also goes. Amazing people work there who have amazing hearts and amazing vision for Christ's Kingdom. They work so hard and the world is reaping their labors. One particular thing that touches my heart is that.. Children's Hunger Fund is able to feed a child for just 4 cents a meal. Is that not amazing?


So I arrived early for lunch and David gave me the grand tour of the whole place including the warehouse where all the food is. 55-60 churches come every week and pick up donations to hand back out in their community. Every Wednesday and Saturday volunteers gather to help make food packs that are then labeled and sent out internationally. At Christmas they have some major gift wrapping that goes on. = )


After the tour and meeting almost everyone employed at CHF.. David, Jon and I went to lunch at Lucchese Deli. We had such a fun time. I hadn't seen Jon in forever so it was good to catch up with him, and whenever I am with Jon and David I always laugh a lot. These guys are 2 of my best guy friends and I am so thankful for them. Jon, as usual, got a bloody nose.. what is it about me that makes his nose bleed everytime I see him? I forgot my camera, so this picture is courtesy of my phone.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great ministry!

    cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a guy from my church just got a job there last month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't make my nose bleed... it's the rat feces I'm constantly exposed to when I run cable at work.

    It was great seeing you!

    ReplyDelete