Saturday, January 6, 2007

Eating in Israel

I decided that I would post pictures of me and my friends eating. Some of our best times are when we all eat together. Great conversations, great times of laughing and just getting to know each other better and making fun memories. So over time I will do various posts of different eating times.



These are all pictures of when we were in Israel.









Jon eating some kind of fruit, I think. Every morning the tables were loaded with eggs, cheeses, breads, veggies, fruit, yogurt, etc.











David - enjoying some Turkish coffee. It had ground Turmeric in it and grounds in the bottom of the cup. Hence.. the teeth.













Me - eating a delicious chocolate ice cream bar.
They are called Magnum Bars. http://www.mymagnum.co.uk/













Jon - drinking the worst cup of hot chocolate EVER.















Jon- eating lamb skewers. Lamb tastes like beef with an infection. Smells like it too. Official name of this meal: Shishlik












David - was it a falafel or a schwarma?














Jon- drinking some fruity beverage at the first hole in the wall we ate lunch at.












Me- eating falafel. I love falafel. This was the only one I had though, that had "chips" in it.











This was at restaurant on the Jordan river. It was the best meal I thought we had the whole time in Israel. If you paid in shekels you were charged more, if you paid in dollars you were charged less.



Pretty much all we ate was falafel, schwarma, ice cream and whatever breakfast was for the day. It was so fun and so delicious. And a random tidbit about Israel. They have the best drinking water ever. It is so sweet. I have never had so much water to drink in my life.

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I had never seen these pictures! I know the trip to Israel was fun and very meaningful. Thanks for sharing memories with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!
    I am all about pictures of food... but eating the food is even better!
    Ah Erin, I'm seeing a scrappin layout in the future... called "Friends & Food"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend in NY says: Seems every nation has its specialties -- wonder what ours is, as it can't just be apple pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i forgot about that hot chocolate... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had Magnum bars in Hungary and Romania this summer. They are big stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What was I eating in that last picture?!!

    ReplyDelete