Friday, January 5, 2007

Not Boring to Courtney.

Yesterday, I spent the late afternoon and all evening and most of the night with Uncle Ted, Aunt Kristi, Courtney, Spencer and Lucas. It. was. so. much. fun.

I only planned on dropping by to pick up some things I left in Arizona that they brought home for me, but ended up staying for a long time.

We chatted a bit, and Lucas kept asking me if he could make me cocoa. He had gone to the store with Kristi and the Swiss Miss was on sale 10 for $10. So he had bunches of cocoa flavors (and as I came to find out..is quite the pro at making a delightful drink). I initially said no to the cocoa, so Lucas switched to dealing out cards and passing them to everyone in the room. Again, I wasn't planning on staying so I declined. BUT it was not to be. It was clear that I had no choice but to play cards and while I was at it .. drink cocoa. And it became a matter of me staying longer when Ted brought out the Belgian chocolates and set them in front of me. We played Spades. And I lost. Big time. After Spades we played Nertz. Lots of Nertz until we stopped so we could eat dinner. Then we played a few more rounds of Nertz and stopped to watch The Office. After that we watched Scrubs and ER. Courtney and I challenged each other at Solitaire. I initially won, (ahem, yes I did) and Courtney didn't want to lose so we played until the TV shows were over and Courtney was ahead and I had to go home. Courtney won 30 to 23.

It was loads of fun being there. We had so much fun picking on each other and being sarcastic. I got my fill of puppy love. And speaking about dogs, I now remember what this post was originally supposed to be about....!

Weird things happen when I go to Ted and Kristi's. That should truly be the title of this blog. Here are 3 examples:

1. When we first got Afton we took her over to meet Ted. While we were there Afton proceeded to poop. Being the mother that I am and the proper houseguest that I am. I noticed this was happening and didn't want Ted and Kristi's carpet to get ruined. So, what did I do? That's right, I caught the poop in my hand.

2. When I walked in to Ted and Kristi's yesterday. I sat down on the couch and we chatted. Keep in mind, it was a cold and by then very nearly rainy January day. In the midst of our wonderful and delightful conversation I glanced down at my leg and what should be crawling up it? A bee.

3. When it was time to watch The Office last night Ted pulled a rocking chair over in front of the TV. Lorelai (Courtney, how do I spell the dog's name?), the very cute German Shepherd, whom I love, laid down behind the chair. During a commercial break, I happened to look over and notice that the dog was chewing on or licking something. Ted looked and Lorelai had nothing. BUT what she had done. Was lick a hole into the carpet. That's right. The dog licked a hole into the middle of the carpet.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Erin, the Lord is using you in SUCH an amazing way! I am constantly blessed everytime I talk to you.(although that has been only once or twice) Please know that I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Erin!
    So fun hearing about your evening with such a dear family!
    Have an even funner weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poo is a great blog topic isn't it? Always entertaining. We'd love to have you hang out, you are always welcome! Just let us know when you'd like to come over. Hope you're doing well, we're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo! Best title ever.

    You should know the plan was always for you to stay a long time..silly.

    and you did not initially win...i did. then you won in the middle. and then i won again, winning it over all. didn't you have 24 though?

    You spelt Lorelai's name right! you must be like the first person ever! (it's spelt the same way as in gilmore girls) and my dad still doesn't think the hole in our carpet is funny...

    anyway, FUN NIGHT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great time at the Hanns! Yes, things are always interesting there. We love them and miss seeing them and living close to them.

    I'm so glad you got to have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete