Friday, May 8, 2009

Bullets

- Ever since I was on all the meds from the swine flu (ok ok bronchitis) that I had, my nails have been soooooo brittle. It’s surprising to me because I have pretty strong nails - but I believe that is only in light of the fact that I cut them all the time because of the violin.
- Today we have health screenings at work. They will check our blood pressure, pulse, height/weight/BMI (which I already know I’m in the 26% for that which means I’m in the overweight/obese category) and our blood sugar for diabetes. 'Twill be interesting.
- In light of the health screenings we had the option of fasting for 9 hours to get more accurate results and to be able to do one of the cholesterol tests.
- In light of fasting I’m thankful for my Christian roots. I’ve done many fasts over the years. When I used to work at Term101 I would be in charge of calling clients the day before their medical exam and giving them ‘tips.’ When I would tell them it was recommended but not required that they fast for 8 hours before the exam some people would FREAK out.

1. Not required.

2. Make your appt for the MORNING.

3. It’s just 8 hours. You are not gonna DIE.

-As Americans we aren’t very familiar with the feeling of having our stomach rumble and not be able to immediately eat.
-In light of that, this is me inserting a plug for Children's Hunger Fund.
- Tonight is graduation for The Master’s College. Tell Lauren congrats.
- Tomorrow I’m going on a hike with Adam and I’ve been looking forward to it all week. I’m:

1. Hoping to get some color.

2. Hoping to burn a lot of calories,

3. Looking forward to enjoying creation,

4. Excited to have all that time with Adam.

- I don’t like my job much right now. For so many reasons. But I am thankful for it.
- In light of that I’m so glad to have this job because I’ve had so many opportunities to share the gospel. This week alone has been amazing. I shared with 4 of the guys (not for the first time) and an opening was started with my new supervisor. I haven’t given him the gospel yet, but he was saying that Catholicism and Christianity are the same and I was able to say that they are not. We chatted a tiny bit but none of the differences were talked through. But I have hope for it, because I didn’t even know how I was going to be able to share with the supervisor and now this came up.
- Pray I’d be faithful with the opportunities the Lord gives and that I would have answers for the questions I am asked. Sometimes they’re tough! =) But it’s such a great challenge and opportunity for growth.
- I still am considering moving out. Found a possible place just waiting to have a chance to check it out.
- I find myself thinking of Jackson Hole all the time. I’m privileged to be able to pray for the team there. I’m excited for all of that.
- I’ve been listening to a rap/hip hop cd by the artist Shai Linne. The lyrics are SO solid. Seriously. I wouldn’t have bought it otherwise, because I don’t even care for rap/hip hop. But when I had a chance to read through the lyrics I was stoked and wanted to buy the CD so I could memorize the songs and fill my head with all the truth. Check out his blog. Not to mention that this guy came and gave a concert for free because he just wants to get truth out - to get the gospel out. Adam and I had a good talk about this. It really makes me think of the Christian artists and how they are willing to charge SO much money. I'm a simpleton. I hate that they do that and it makes me wonder where their hearts are truly at. This is not necessarily an overarching blanket statement so please don't take it that way. I'm just saying I really appreciated that Shai Linne was one of the most solid - maybe THE most solid lyricist I've ever heard and he came out for free. As Christians it really is all about the gospel. Shai gets that.
- Speaking of music and filling my/your/the head with truth, if anyone knows any music groups who put scripture to music like Hillsong or Shai Linne. ALWAYS tell me about it. I’m so interested in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment