Monday, February 16, 2009

Thoughts

A.) I recently bought some Gorgonzola Cheese Crackers from Trader Joe's. I realize now that I bought them mostly because the box was pretty. Aqua and butter yellow and cream and gold? I think there was gold. It's in my car and I'm at my desk so I am not able to confirm. But it's a pretty box. And I thought. Cheesy crackers Trader Joe's style.. can't go wrong. Well here's the thing.. They really taste like Bleu Cheese. In light of that 2 thoughts have been inspired.


1) What is the difference between Gorgonzola and Bleu Cheese since to me they taste like something bad (no words are coming to mind)? And


2) Why is it spelled Bleu?
So I turn to Google.


1) Gorgonzola IS a type of Bleu Cheese. Gross. No wonder I don't like the crackers.


2) Couldn't find an answer so I have told myself that Bleu is the way the French spell Blue. I'm satisfied.



B) I have figured out a way to get to places on time if you are running late. This is the process. Do all of your makeup EXCEPT for your mascara. Once you are in the car and way behind scheduled departure time tell yourself you will wait until you hit a red light and then you will put a coat of mascara on. Guaranteed green lights the whole way to your destination. Consequence: you have no mascara on.







C) Adam and I have been going through 1 Cor 13 in our relationship. Every week we have been adding a chunk of it to apply into our relationship. We have worked on Love is patient. Love is kind. Love does not envy. Love does not boast. And now this week we are adding Love is not arrogant. And love is not rude. It's been a really great and really focusing thing for us. I think we've seen some good growth come out of this. It's a good challenge and only has benefits..







D) I've really been wanting to post something relevant lately, but have writer's block.







E) In light of D I've been thinking of posting about my studies through the book of Esther.

1 comment:

  1. A goal of education is creating in the individual the desire to learn on his/her own. Although researching bleu cheese is nothing deep, still you did what we are supposed to do -- you set out to find the answer.

    I also do that. I am famous with my lunch group for having all sorts of trivial, but interesting, information as well as finding out things that we may find ourselves puzzled about. For example, we have learned why sloppy joes are called sloppy joes. I was able to prove that there is such a thing as socks for car tires to help keep cars from getting stuck in the snow/ice. The list goes on. The great thing is that others have taken to doing a search for things as well. What we do with our discoveries is email the information or link to those we remember being in on the discussion.

    ReplyDelete