Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chocolate Muffin

So since my 'diet' I've been really, honestly, pretty good. Just about every Friday at work K brings in donuts and for the past 2-3 weeks I've rejected the donuts and gone with the banana. Good choices, Erin. Wise choices. Moderation. Today, however, E met with Hyatt people and they gave us two boxes of fresh baked muffins and two boxes of fresh baked croissants. And I went over to the counter (bad choice number 1) and I grabbed a chocolate muffin (bad choice number 2) and I ate it (bad choice number 3).

And it tasted really good.



S who is our Trucking Manager here knows about my diet. He was in my bosses office when I came walking back to my desk with the muffin. He started laughing.



This afternoon he stopped by my desk and as I raised my hands to the heavens I said, "Why S?? Why did I eat the chocolate muffin??" And he said, "Because you have your own little chocolate muffin that you love. You just can't stay away."



Cracked me up. That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard him say.

1 comment:

  1. Two good things:
    1) You grabbed just one.
    2) You did not go back for more.

    I believe that we do better at dieting if we once in a great while give ourselves a little treat.

    ReplyDelete