Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yesterday's Viva La Vida

Yesterday Adam had to rush over to work and as the afternoon progressed I decided it would be fun to visit him at work when I was off and I wasn't sure if he had time to grab lunch or not so I decided I would swing by Starbucks and pick up a banana chocolate Vivano for him on my way to his store. I took the time to order something for myself as well, a grande iced mocha with 2 pumps of hazelnut. Yum-O as Rachel Ray would say.

Fast forward to 10pm.

I was in such a great mood! Seriously I should drink coffee more often! I told Adam if he ever needs me to stay awake with him to just get me a drink like that and we will be set for the night. But I also was a little louder than normal. My brain was FLOODED with versions it had created of Viva La Vida. I sang them all to Adam.

By flooded, I mean 4. The Erin-Playing-Double-Stops-On-Her-Violin-Mimicking-The-Amazing-Strings-In-The-Song Version, The Karaoke Singer Version - not off pitch, just someone who can't sing it the same way as Coldplay does, The Jazz/Lounge Version, and The Hart ShowChoir Version. These included clapping and snapping.

In honor of the song I was going to post the youtube video of it, but the embed link is disabled, and I am realizing that is a good thing because the dancing in the video just does NOT jive with the song. Sooo, in keeping with the theme, here is a different version (it's pretty cool! and if you know me well you will understand why I like this.):

2 comments:

  1. dang. and I was too sick last night to enjoy it :( I'd better give you part two of the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hysterical!!! I love the looks on the kids faces...like they're REALLY feeling it. And dang, they're GOOD!

    ReplyDelete