Friday, September 18, 2009

Cherry - Dark Chocolate - Grenadine

I bought these. From Ralphs. I had recently tried the Raspberry Chocolate and the Coconut Dark Chocolate bars and they hit the spot. They satisfied my early morning hunger until I could take my lunch break. So when I saw these I thought "I'm gonna try them. They look pretty good." I think they might have been old and they were NOT good. The cherries were too sour, and I could barely taste those tiny chocolate chips which had that light chocolate thing going on that happens with age. I'm still eating them. But I don't look forward to them and afterwards I feel like I need to eat something else or chew a piece of gum. It's sad, because food is supposed to satisfy and these, do not.


__________________________________________________________________


Speaking of satisfying.. Cherry Coke. No, not this kind: (But doesn't that look soooo good?)But, THIS KIND!! Roy Rogers! Grenadine in Coke. I can hardly stand to look at it right now, cooped up in my office, on a Friday, after sweating out in the lumber yard.



This is what I didn't know, though. Grenadine is not made out of cherries. It's made out of pomegranates. Grenadine - A brilliant scarlet non-alcoholic syrup made from the juice of pomegranates. Used to color and flavor drinks and desserts. Called "grena dine" because it was originally available only from the island of Grenada in the Caribbean.


Pour that into some coke and give it a stir. OR pour it into some Sprite and squeeze in a wedge of fresh lime.

I have to go now.





No comments:

Post a Comment