Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Saturday in Texas - Flea Market

Saturday - July 15 was our last full day in Texas. We had been planning on going to Wimberley on Friday, but with Connie's health concerns it was best that we stay home. So Saturday we combined the Flea Market and Wimberley.

This pic was taken while I was still asleep. Those birds were so funny because if their mouths were open their tails were down, and if their mouths closed then their tails went up. So it made Adam and I laugh pretty hard to see the tail/mouth rythm.

Adam took this picture as we pulled into the parking lot of the Flea Market. This guy had really large ears.

I didn't even notice this guy until Adam pulled out the camera to take a pic. Pretty random? Made us laugh for sure.

I found this arm and was trying to make it look completely like mine. I didn't realize my arm wasn't hidden completely under it. Then Adam and I got into a fistfight. Ok not really.

We took this picture because of the yellow vinyl chair. It was the little sister to the chairs that are in the guys apartment. I kinda wish we could've bought it. There were a few awesome furniture pieces I wish we could have bought. Unfortunately, Southwest only allows carryons to be 10x16x24.

This was just irony at it's finest. Church pews next to cigarette trash cans.

I liked the colors of these books. And I felt like we had some similar books to these (in appearance) when I was growing up. I seem to recall them being on our bookshelf.

An artsy shot by Adam.

It seemed to me that this clock had stories to tell. I sat down with it. Offered to eat ice cream with it and even found a box of tissues in case the conversation was a sad story. But the clock wouldn't speak up. Maybe the next person will find out it's story.

Hey Gringo!! Hilarious. I wish I could remember the price tag on this item so I would feel better about not buying it.

Dr. Pepper. Yes. Please.

The happy face white flag. So tattered. So happy. Aren't those spools awesome? I wouldn't mind having a few of those around. Not one bit.

The train passed through downtown Kyle right as we pulled up to the light. (Tradition for Erin and her Dad - Pull up. Turn off the radio. Roll the windows down. Listen. Smile.)

Wimberley pics to follow.

2 comments:

  1. aw you didn't put up that in your face picture of the freight train... the one that near took my face off.

    you're so good at tissues.

    I'm glad at least one of my shots turned out artsy :)

    -adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember the green vinyl stools we had in the garage when you were growing up? They looked a lot like that yellow one!

    ReplyDelete