Wednesday, April 29, 2009

In Theme of Giving Up Children..

I had a conversation with a fellow at work earlier today. Gospel sharing. He is the one I've talked to the most in my (nearly) year here. The conversation boiled down to this: Someone once said to him, "What would you say/do if God came to you and said, 'I need to take your child. His time here is up and so I need to take him with me now.'? Your response should be 'yes' because God has to be number 1 in life." The fellow then said to me, "But I'm telling you right now EMA, that that will not happen with me. My kids are too important. I love them too much and so there is NO WAY that I could put God first. It'll never happen. If He needs to be number one, I couldn't do that to my kids because they are too important to me. I love them." **Sidenote -- This is why it's so great for me to continue to share my faith, because what is the first verse that pops into your head when you think about witnessing to someone about Jesus? What is the first verse we memorize as children? What verse did NOT come to my mind? John 3:16.** The fellow told me if I could give him a good answer to that he would like to hear it. God gave up His ONLY child because He loves us that much. Pray for this fellow to be saved. We've had long talks about sin, hell, heaven, God, the Bible, truth, rejecting the truth, being 'good,' Catholocism etc. It would be great to see him come to salvation.


John 3:16 (Amplified Bible)


For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

No comments:

Post a Comment