Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Tears Me Up

It happens every year. This year I'm really sick and I'm always more emotional when I'm sick. That's just the way it goes. But when it comes to Good Friday/Easter it is hard! Just thinking through Isaiah 53 and other related passages. Words that say he was beaten beyond any recognition. That Jesus did that when He was innocent because He loves me .. breaks my heart. Words that say that He drank the entire cup of God's wrath so that I don't have to thirst in separated hell forever .. tears me up. I am so thankful and so emotional. This video only brought the tears to the surface further. It is just impactful. Think about Him. Imagine being unrecognizable because you've been so badly beaten all the while knowing you were innocent. Think of what you are saved from. Thank the Lord. Thank You, Jesus.


2 comments: