Thursday, April 16, 2009

Always a Kid with Grandma..

Date night last night. It was the best date night in a while. (And the first date night in a while too since I've been so sick.) For Easter, Grandma had made the best strawberry pie. They left some at our house but I didn't get a chance to eat any of it.

When I got to the grandparents last night, Grandma asked if I got to have any pie they left and I said, "No."

Grandma had more strawberries and still had some whipped cream and cream cheese and leftover strawberry glaze and so she was VERY grandmotherly and whipped up a batch of the berries and cream for us (no crust). Isn't that so nice? Because her granddaughter didn't get leftover delicious pie she just made another one! So we stood in the kitchen cooking dinner and mixing up pie stuff and when she was done whipping the whipped cream/cream cheese mixture she pulled the beater out of the bowl and handed it to me and said, "You wanna lick?" and I said, "Yes!" I haven't really licked a beater in years, but there is just something about your inner child that will always come out when you are at Grandma's house.

1 comment: