Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Thrift Shopping

Last Thursday, Susan Coudsy and I went to Ventura to pay a visit to the thrift stores there.



I got a pair of brand new Lucky Brand jeans for $7.95.


But my most awesome purchase of the day was this fabulous vintage green below the knee coat! It came with a belt and this coat is so feminine and sooo cute! I LOVE it!! It was only $4.95. I am so thrilled!







I also got a smaller jacket that is sort of plaid for $1.95, a pair of hot pink with green, orange and white polka-dots fleece jammie bottoms, a hooded sweatshirt from University of San Fran, an adorable purse, and my parents each asked for one specific item.. my mom wanted me to find her a cute beige jacket.. which I found for $1.95, and my dad wanted me to find him Michael Crichton's Timeline hardcover book which I found for $4.95. I was so proud of myself because they each asked for one specific thing and I was able to find them exactly what they wanted.
The jeans and the coat were the best purchases though.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sad that I had to see the coat here first instead of in person, but my sadness is blown away by how awesome it is. Amazing, Erin. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT COAT!!!! Lucky! and speaking of lucky, since you are doing so well with finding things at thrift store, I am looking for vintage Disneyland pictorial souvenir guides... if you stumble across one on your thrifting travels, buy it for me. I will of course pay you back and love you forever! Way to thrift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could start a shopping business. While some entrepreneurs do grocery shopping and deliver, you could do clothing and item shopping . . . There has to be a market for that in the metro areas, East or West.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great job-and I know you had fun too! I need to start getting into thrift store shopping mode. You always find such great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job Erin! Linda would be proud too. I love thrift store shopping, but sometimes my alloted time outweighs the time it takes to find the treasures...

    Great finds. The coat is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, great finds!!
    Love a great deal!
    Years ago I found a pair of Lucky jeans for Miranda at a Sun City thrift store for $2.00. I didn't even know they were designer jeans. Miranda was sooo excited and wore them for years!
    Way to go Erin!

    ReplyDelete