Saturday, February 24, 2007

And 3 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:

I've been thinking about goals and little things I would like to do one day, just because they are something I love or something I am interested in. So I thought rather than trying to file them in my brain or write them on a piece of paper that I'll quickly lose.. I'll just start compiling a list here and add to it as things come to mind.

1. I want to go to a major outdoor flea market. I've read in magazines about ones that span an acre and I think that would be so much fun. Take a day and a wagon or backpack and set off to find amazing things and amazing deals. Such fun!

2. I want to go back to Israel. I would even love to go under the same leadership as before. So, next time Halstead is leading a trip ... maaaybe I will try and be on it. It was so much fun, such an experience, such a time of enjoyment and peace and so wonderful to be walking where Christ walked. It was beautiful and that first trip will always impact my life, so a second one would be awesome too. I didn't give my all on that first trip, I had reservations that I wish now I didn't have and going once has caused me to study and know my Bible in a different way, so imagine going back now and building off of what I have so far.

3. I want to write a song. Or collaboratively write a song. That question people ask, "If you could have any talent, what would it be?" My answer would be, "To be able to write songs." I love music and I love worship. I think in this past year I probably could have pulled some great songs out if I were able to write them, but I just don't have that knack. A lady at church, Marie Clark, is starting to disciple me. She plays guitar, piano and sings and writes her own songs. She said we could write some songs together because there are so many times she thinks, "Oh, if only I had a violin for this part." She might change her mind when she finds out I have no talent in this area, or maybe her skill and creativity will be absorbed into me and I will finally achieve being able to write a song.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should do all three at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is a monthly flea market at the Rose Bowl and also at the Ventura Co fairgrounds. Both are held on Sundays and both are big flea markets I think!

    ReplyDelete