Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

Church this morning. Sang a couple of my favorite songs. And the message was on a passage that I have had on my mind a lot lately. That was cool.

Went to Stonefire for lunch. Jerm and Kim came down in time for church and are spending the night here and hanging out tomorrow. So there was a nice group of us that went to lunch. I know I might be digging myself a big hole, but I've never been a big fan of Stonefire. They have amazing breadsticks and fantastic BBQ sauce. But other then that, no big deal.

This afternoon I watched You've Got Mail. I don't know if I've ever seen it all the way through without interruption. Today was the day. Had a little cry fest right in the middle of it.


I gotta be honest. New Year's Eve is normally a pretty disappointing event to me. I always have visions of it being a super fun night with great junk food and great people. In years past my mom always had to work New Year's Eve and since that meant my mom would sleep a good part of the day my dad would normally just work on New Year's Day. This year my mom has the night off so my dad took tomorrow off. Sooooo.. Tonight it looks like that will actually happen. We are now watching That Thing You Do. I just made a huge bowl of banana pudding. And we will have a family night. We will watch movies, play games and eat banana pudding and fresh popcorn and whatever else.

Today is my friend Shannon's birthday. I will devote a blog specifically to her next time I write.

3 comments:

  1. movie marathon... awesome new years pass-time!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying your 2007 is full of His peace and joy.
    Keep your eyes on Him Erin and He will direct your path.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice quiet night at home. We're thinking about you and praying for you often.

    Miss you,

    ReplyDelete