Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm Gonna Give Blood

For the first time ever I will be giving blood. If you don't know who I am talking about when I say Logan Waldeck.. then look through my previous posts until you find the ones I've written about her.

Her family set up a blood drive and platelet check over at Masters next Tuesday and today I registered and made my appointment for 10:40am. It's supposed to take an hour. I don't even know what blood type I am, but I dreamed a few weeks ago that I am B+ ..

Any tips? I hear to drink water because it helps the blood drain out faster? Is that true?

5 comments:

  1. Make sure you have some food in your stomach and be well hydrated. Drinking some OJ is a good choice before you go. You will be fine and afterward they will probably give you a snack too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For many years I would give blood but since I got West Nile I have to wait three years.... I am sooo bummed.
    But I was always borderline anemic (low iron) when I would give... so they'd tell me no caffiene and dairy before I give.
    Good for you Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought tomato juice a good post-donation choice -- maybe because it looks a lot like what went out. You might be a B+, as I know that some of your Ashley relatives are that. Your Uncle D, though, is a man in demand with the ARC because he is a rare 0-. If the drive there is like ones here, you might get a free t-shirt AND being new, you might get a neat blood-drop pin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night, I had a dream about the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup-drink lots of water for 24 hours before you donate and try not to drink caffeine. Eat a little bit before you go too so you don't get light-headed. I give blood whenver I get the chance-it's so great! They usually provide juice and crackers to have after you donate also. :)

    What a good cause. Even though I give blood, I always forget what my blood type is...maybe I should rememeber that...

    ReplyDelete