Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Choir






So, I am joining the PBC Choir. Lots of people have mentioned that I should join. I always hesitate because I'm not a very good singer. I prefer to sing melody, but can never reach the notes, so I will have to be an alto which isn't as easy. But I just kept saying no. There is a fantastic family who have been coming to PBC since November. Two of them, Monique and Brandon sing in the choir and when we have hung out they have mentioned that I should come. I told them I adore choirs, love listening to them, but can't sing. They said to come anyway. I told them I love choirs so much I've even thought of getting a T-shirt that says Choirs Rock on it. I mentioned that the day I got that T-shirt would be the day I would join choir.

A couple weeks went by. One night I had a dream. I dreamed that Aaron (the worship pastor at PBC) was sitting at the piano and I was having my voice tested for the choir. Not auditioning.. voice testing. Aaron kept playing the low A on the piano over and over and having me sing it. He was testing to see if my voice really was "that low." So he played the A and had me sing it sounding like "a as in ball" and then he had me sing it "oo as in snooze" "e as in helmet" etc. It was the same note a bunch of different ways.. not a bunch of different notes the same way. Finally he said, "Yep. I guess you really are a tenor." And I walked up the risers to take my seat in the tenor section.
I thought that dream was hilarious so I told Aaron about it.. gave him a laugh, then I called Monique to tell her about the dream. She said well the reason you had the dream is because we made you the shirt and you are getting it tonight, so now you have to join the choir.
Here's my shirt:

I'm keeping good on my deal. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I know it will be a lot of fun. The word is out on us O-neders.

For my choir listening enjoyment, my two favorites are:

The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir- located in Brooklyn New York. The story behind this choir is amazing and they have such awesome music.


and

Mwangaza- This choir captures my heart. They have amazing harmonies and such energetic music.




4 comments:

  1. Glad you are finally joining-you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so happy. I guess the day I will know that I am finally a real preacher is when you get me my Preacher shirt. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! It will be fun having you in choir! And, from what I can tell, the alto part can be pretty simple once you hear it a few times - even though it's not the melody. :) See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, that's O-neders. ..
    I love choirs too. .. . good luck!

    ReplyDelete