Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I've Crossed Over

Into the Land of Old Ladydom.

Yesterday I went with Susan Coudsy to Magic Mountain. Their family got passes this year and Susan wanted to take a day (use a free friend pass) for her and I to go together... just the two of us. We got to the park, (it's all decked out with spider webs and such - looks cool), took a picture with my boyfriend Batman, and proceeded to ride roller coasters. The park was empty, there were no lines. We rode Viper, Superman (2 times in a row), Scream (2 times in a row), Riddlers, Circus Wheel, Scrambler, Tatsu, etc etc. Now here is the old lady part:

I love roller coasters, I love spinny rides. They never really affect me. Yesterday was different. There are so many HUGE coasters there now, they are bigger and better and that equals a lot more force. Well. Almost every single roller coaster - due to the force of the ride - like going through a loop backwards and upside down - made me black out (NOT to be confused with pass out). Due to the consistent blacking out, my stomach got nauseous. So with Susan getting nauseous from the spinny rides and me getting nauseous from the force of the rides.. we had to stop and sit in a restaurant for like an hour to calm our stomachs down. I couldn't believe it. But what I also realized was.. there is definitely a grace period that you give your body as you wait in those lines. The lines are a good thing. They let you recover a bit before being flung around. So I learned that next time I go to a theme park and there are lines.. I will not complain because they are beneficial to me.. at least now that I'm an old lady.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome...Erin! I remember when Dad and I hit that point where we enjoyed sitting and waiting for you and Jeremy at the theme parks-shade, a cool drink and a comfy chair became our best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a wierd feeling? The last time I was at MM, I went with Nathan 2 years ago - we went on one of the newer coasters and both came off of it thinking, "Man! We must be getting old!" My head was throbbing after that one. :)

    ReplyDelete