Thursday, August 2, 2007

Out at the Ol' Ball Game

So I finally remembered to take my camera with me somewhere so now I can post about something and have pictures to go with it (though I've been so out of the habit that I didn't take a ton of pics, but I'll work with what I have).

Placerita had a church night at a minor league game last night. The Lancaster Jethawks vs. the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes. It was bring your dog night and also dollar hot dog night. The Hawks lost. The game moved slow, but hanging out with everyone was fun.



Here are Shannon and I. Love her. Pregame.



Uncle Kelly and Susan being cute.



Mikayla stepped in the empty nacho thing.








Aubrey eating cracker jacks.
_____________________________________
Paul learning how to shell a peanut:




_________________________________________________


Mikayla got bit by a dog - check out her finger.



Anna and Clara




Shannon and I postgame.



The game was fun. They had a lot of involvement with the audience. There were people there who had cowbells and the Will Ferrell cowbell SNL clip would be played on the big screen. SO funny. Their mascot would race the children around the bases, and danced to Sweet Caroline, they had John Augusta hit a ball over a banner and he won free tickets, George and Luella Howe got moved to "The Best Seats in the House." The mascot shot Tshirts into the crowd. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like the games around here. We have a AA Mets team and an AAA Blue Jays team -- both less than an hour away. Monday home games for the SYR team are free (general admission seats) for anyone bringing a church bulletin from the past week. I think that minor-league baseball beats major-league baseball in its family-friendliness. Obviously, it is more affordable.
    1) www.bmets.com/
    2) web.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp?sid=t552
    Every summer we have at least one church outing to either place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute pictures of paul and aubrey....me, eh...haha...thanks for hanging out with me at the old ball game....and watching my kids half the time...

    ReplyDelete